Monday 19 October 2015

A double surprise and a nursery reveal!!!


This post is long overdue but hopefully worth the wait... In May, I gave birth to my twin girls which was a huge surprise, or should I say shock, to most of my family and friends! We knew that I was expecting twins, but we chose not to tell anyone. We found out at 6 weeks at an early ultrasound. It was the hardest secret that I have ever kept but so worth it when I saw the excited reactions of our nearest and dearest!

I've finally had a chance to photograph the girls' nursery and I am absolutely thrilled with the room and so excited to share it with you all... 
My inspiration for this room was gold and white with touches of pink, but once I started, I couldn't stop with the pink! Fortunately, we have a large bedroom that could accommodate two cots and the dresser/changing table, as well as the other pieces that I wanted to add to the room...

We started by painting the walls a gorgeous pale grey with pink undertones. The cots and changing table were custom made. It was actually Buddy's furniture and I  still loved the modern look so we had a second cot made to match.   

This antique chair has so many memories. It was mine when I was a little girl and it was originally upholstered in a floral fabric. We had it repainted and reupholstered in white and it turned out just the way I envisioned! I'm looking forward to making new memories with the girls...late night feeds, lots of cuddles and story time snuggled up together on the chair...

I purchased this side table and sprayed the tips of the legs gold to add some glam! 

We added floating shelves above the changing table which creates a lovely feature and a spot to display their keepsakes.

The girls' initials...A gift from grandma.

These wooden blocks belonged to me as a child...

Convenient storage for little items and accessories...
I painted these boxes with my Buddy's help (or should I say supervision?) during my 'nesting stage'. He wanted everything to be perfect for our little princesses! 

A gold bunny and toadstool for some cuteness...I went a bit crazy with a can of gold spray paint!

Gold and white wooden alphabets to spell 'LOVE'.

These heart shaped hooks next to the changing table are so convenient. I usually choose and hang their outfits up the night before so we have a less stressful time in the morning choosing their outfits. I do the same with Buddy's clothing...With my hands so full at the moment, every bit of pre-planning helps!

I did not find any linen to my liking. so I had some custom-made.

These pink and white bunnies were Buddy's first gifts to his sisters'. Aren't they just adorable?

I hand sewed gold braid onto a pink scatter cushion to form the word 'love'.  

A pink wooden box used as a toiletry caddy keeps everything corralled together and accessible for double diaper changes.

At the bottom of the changing table, we use these grey baskets to store toys.

These heart-shaped closet dividers make life so much easier! And, they are so easy to make... I made smaller ones to tie onto some storage baskets as well. I'll post a tutorial when time permits.


Our girly, gold, pink and white nursery is complete and it is exactly what I envisioned for my little princesses... I hope that many happy memories will be made in this space! 



No comments:

Post a Comment