Friday 26 August 2016

If You Make One Thing This Week...Smokey Rose Harissa Prawns, Couscous, Roasted Orange and Veggie Confetti...

Every morning,whilst on my way to work, I yawn and promise myself a nap that afternoon. When I get home, I get 'busy' doing other things and a nap is the last thing on my mind. Today, I'm not sure whether it was a combination of the warm weather and the relaxing meal that we had, that made me finally succumb this afternoon. I took that nap and I feel so good!

Has spring finally decided to grace us with it's presence? What beautiful weather we're having today! And to think that it was freezing  just a few days ago!

Lunch was on the patio today and it felt great to be outdoors...We had this fantastic couscous and prawn dish that was so quick and easy to put together. This recipe has been inspired by Jamie Oliver. It is low in fat so it will balance out the recipe that I plan on posting next week! Wink, wink...


Start by marinating the prawns. For this you will need:

750 grams unshelled head on prawns (or 500 grams headless)
2 Tbls store bought Harissa paste 
1/4 teaspoon saffron strands
A splash of rose water
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbls olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients together. Add the prawns, cover and set aside while you get on with the rest.

250g couscous 
Prepare the couscous according to package instructions. Season, cover and set aside.

For the veggie 'confetti', you will need:

3 courgettes 
1 small red pepper 
1 small yellow pepper
A handful of baby corn
3 spring onions 
1 small red onion
Some thyme leaves 
Salt and pepper to taste
A splash of olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Cut the vegetables into tiny cubes. Combine with all the other ingredients and set aside.

You will also need: 

3 oranges
Pomegranate arils
Mint leaves to garnish
Yoghurt to serve

Zest 1 of the oranges with a fine grater, and slice into circles. Cut the remaining oranges into wedges. 

Pre heat your barbecue grill. Cook the prawns until done. Char grill the oranges as well.

Plate up you dish and serve...

This recipe serves 4.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment