Monday 3 August 2015

My UAE Diary...


Hi loves, hope you 're all well! Once again, life has been so hectic, I've got loads of assignments due and before I know it, it will be exam time again! I can't believe that it's August already! How time flies...
Anyway, a couple of months ago, I was in the UAE on vacation and I promised to share my pics with you. I know this post is long overdue, but better late than never, right? The UAE is one of my fave destinations! I love how vibrant and beautiful it is. There is also an endless variety of activities...the shopping is great, the beaches are lovely, the man-made ski slopes are awesome...there really is something for everyone! So here are some of the pics that I've put together to share with you...Enjoy!

P.S: This post is picture heavy! Don't say I didn't warn you!


The Dubai skyline is spectacular! Whether you take it in from your hotel room, a cruise or from atop the Burj Khalifa, it is sure to take your breath away. 
If you are in Dubai, I highly recommend that you try dune bashing. The desert is beautiful and it is quite an experience (nerve wrecking yet amazing, at the same time!).


The aquarium at the Dubai Mall is one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world...If you've been to Dubai but not the Dubai Mall, then...well you haven't been to Dubai! This mall is magnificent. It is home to just about every major fashion brand in the world. Love this mall!

Is any vacation complete without some shoe shopping? I admit, I am a little shoe crazy!

Fauchon
Fauchon
Dalloyau
Laduree
Pierre Herme
The UAE is home to just about every Parisian patisserie.... Angelina, Laduree, Fauchon, Paul, Pierre Herme, Dalloyau...the list goes on! I was in patisserie heaven... Each one is just so fabulous and I loved it...
Omnia by Silvena
The Japanese Restaurant at the Sheraton Hotel.
The Armani Caffe.
With the number of fantastic restaurants in Dubai, I was truly spoilt for choice! My favourite restaurants were Omnia by Silvena (amazing risotto), The Japanese Restaurant for some fantastic sushi and the Armani Caffe  for spectacular food and vibes. I highly recommend these restaurants...

Emirates Palace.
I also spent a few days in Abu Dhabi.
 Emirates Palace is just so beautiful...Sun, Sand and Sea along with spectacular architecture and interiors. Truly amazing...

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi is so serene and beautiful. The architecture and the details are exquisite. It is a must-see if you are in Abu Dhabi.

The Viceroy-Yas Island.
The Yas Viceroy is pretty amazing. Futuristic architecture, fabulous views of the Yas Marina and built across the F1 circuit...awesome, right?

Emirates Palace Brunch.
Cafe Bateel.
Cafe Bateel.
Origins at the Viceroy.
Like Dubai, there is no shortage of great restaurants in Abu Dhabi! One of my favourites was Cafe Bateel. Their menu combines Italian and Middle Eastern food and the result is mouthwatering. The iced coffee was the best I've ever had. Other great options include brunch at Emirates palace (especially if you are staying there) and the buffet at Origins.


Ras Al Khaima is one of the other Emirates. It's not as popular as Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but its definitely up and coming! I spent a couple of days on Marjan Island, which is a man-made island in the shape of a crescent. A couple of the days relaxing on a beach and getting massages is always therapeutic...

I had an amazing time but it had to come to an end! At least I've got the memories...because like they say, 'life brings tears, smiles and memories. The tears dry and the smiles fade, but the memories last forever'. So, loves, I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with special moments! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment