Monday 27 July 2015

Good Food...

Happy Monday, loves! Hope you've had a great weekend! The annual Good Food Show took place this weekend and like the prior years, it was fantastic! The show is a great way to discover what is trending on the culinary market. With all the delectable food stalls, (especially the sweet ones), I was in foodie heaven! Besides, the amazing exhibitors, there was also a super exciting celebrity chef line up. John Torode, the vibrant Jenny Morris (her cookbooks are awesome and she has a new book coming out soon), Tom Parker Bowles and of course, Adriano Zumbo, who is to patisserie, what Willie Wonka is to chocolate! The show takes place annually in Cape Town (which took place in May), Durban (which will take place in October) and in Johannesburg (which I attended). I had a great time and here are some of my favourite stalls from the show...



Fine and Fabulous...Luxury European candies and other imports . This was such an exciting store! The service was excellent as well! Really friendly and they go out of their way to help... I truly adore the Italian nougat from here... Oh! and remember to check out their gorgeous French Laguiole cutlery. Oh! and the lemonades in beautiful packaging and the other old fashioned sweets...think bon bons in flavours like anis and violet. I know, I know, that I'm gushing but I cant help myself!!! To get your hands on some of their fabulous delights, visit their website: fineandfabulous.co.za


Damas, for a divine selection of Middle Eastern sweets and breads. Maamoul, Baklava, Lafa bread, Pita and a lovely range of rusks... As I love Middle Eastern pastries, I was thrilled to find a store in Johannesburg that makes them..Will definitely be visiting this store soon

 New Beginnings...a delightful selection of toffees and caramels.
kissestoffees.co.za

Karamella...Candy Buffets and events.

Balsimo Beads...rose, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar beads to enhance you food presentation... think Molecular Gastronomy! I have used their products before and they are lovely.I have so many ideas  for  these little jewels, watch this space!

 La Petite France... Delicous French Cheeses made locally.

Oil&Vinegar...they always have such yummy stuff...
Contessa La Cucina has some amazing Mediterranean food. Everything is vegetarian and it all looks so amazing! 

The Tea Merchant...A beautiful selection of loose leaf teas, teapots and tea accessories...

 Le Creuset...These colours make me so happy! I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Chef Works...Culinary garment manufacturers. How cute are these for the piccolos?

Hashi Fusion Japanese Cuisine with a South American twist...the best sushi that I've had in a while...(sorry about the awful pic!)
hashi.co.za


The Gaia Culture for artisan Latin American Food. Latin American food seems to be trending at the moment...
www.thegaiaculture.com

There are so many different and innovative foodie and lifestyle brands out there, that its hard to cover all! I  can't wait for next years show! 

For more information visit goodfoodandwineshow.co.za

 Have a lovely week and don't forget to follow me on Instagram for some more inspiration! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment